Turkiye & Syria Earthquake Response
I'm sharing this from Voice of the Martyrs:
Five Ways to Pray for Christians inTürkiye
In light of recent earthquakes in southern Türkiye (formerly called Turkey) and northern Syria, here are five specific ways you can pray for the country and for Christians who are ministering and sharing the gospel amid overwhelming destruction and loss.
- Pray for all who have lost homes and businesses. Pray that God will provide for them and that they will receive swift delivery of needed help. Pray for warmer weather, as it has been very cold.
- Pray that grieving Christians will draw strength from the promise of eternity with Christ and that those around them will see where their hope lies.
- Pray for Turkish and Syrian Christians choosing to serve in Jesus’ name. Pray that God will be glorified through their work and that they will have opportunities to share the love of Jesus Christ with many who are hurting and grieving.
- Pray for the wisdom of Christians delivering aid and help. As one front-line worker said, “This is an awesome opportunity for the church to be ambassadors for Christ, but it will take divine wisdom to know how to make any sort of substantial impact in the midst of so much devastation.”
- Many people in Türkiye consider being Muslim a part of their identity. To be Turkish, they believe, means to be Muslim. Pray that God will change that mindset as Turkish Christians are seen serving and ministering to their countrymen.